i had wisdom tooth extraction on friday. it was a 3 hours procedure and as the dentist was trying to extract it, it moved up, slightly scrapping the wall of maxillary sinus, from the side. and now its located right next of the sinus, not inside it. the dentist stitched up my wound and sent me home. i had nasal bleeding on day one of the surgery as i lied down. the doctor told me not to lie down straight, but to keep my head elevated. now my question is that is there anyway the tooth can go into the sinus now. can it move by itself? like where is it gonna go?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - July - 2011, at 09:55 AM

• If the dentist has tried to remove the tooth then it should have been removed completely as it can cause infection, pain and swelling. The tooth no doubt is not going to move into sinus but as you had nasal bleeding, so naso antral perforation is there and as the tooth is still in the socket, the infection to the sinus can also occur. You should visit an Oral Surgeon ASAP. In my opinon you should get it pulled out immediately. For more info on tooth extraction aftercare you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation