I had four teeth removed on the 4th of May and just got to the point where I could open my mouth a little. As I was cleanig inside of my mouth I noticed that the area around the tonsil on the right side is dark purple. I am really concerned about it. It seems to go down the throat a little. What could it be. I cant get ahold of my dentist about it so I am freaking out.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - May - 2011, at 10:41 AM

• It looks like that after tooth extraction you have developed haematoma. You have not written which teeth you got pulled out but I presume that you got wisdom teeth extracted and this is common problems after the wisdom teeth extraction. This haematoma will dissolve itself with time as th healing of extraction sockets take place. Maintain very good oral hygiene and make sure that this haematoma is not irritated. It is better to get an appointment with dentist and get his opinion also as it is difficult for me to give the advice with clinical examination. For more info on problems after wisdom teeth extraction you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation