Hi there, My problem is regarding my molar teeth. Two years ago I got my dentist put fillings on my teeth because it already has a hole because of cavity. After a few months I noticed that the fillings got broken. I visited my dentist again and she advised me to undergo a root canal and since during those times I cannot afford that since I'm still a student I just ignore my problem but now It got worse because since my teeth already has a hole it got so big my teeth has no more crowns on it. I planned going to my dentist and let her extract this for me but my problem is how will she able to extract this if there are no more teeth visible just imagine my teeth and my gums are in the same level. Do I need to undergo a dental surgery? Thanks. Please help..

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2011, at 11:13 AM

  • If the crown part is all broken and it has reduced to the level of the gums then it is not normal extraction. It has to be extracted surgically by raising the flap and may be the bone cutting has to be done. In such cases where chronic infection is there for long time, tooth can be enkylosed also ie they are fused to bone and it is difficult to extract these teeth. It is better you go to an oral surgeon for extraction as they are expert in such cases. For more info on tooth extraction you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_ways-of-tooth-extractions-150.aspx

Free Dental Consultation