I had a filling done on two teeth, it was like where the two teeth meet. Now I have horrible pain, in that area, cant tell which tooth. I went back and had them redrilled and filled, and the pain is worse. Just a dull aching pain. Motrin seems like the only way to get the pain to stop. I can apply pressure with my fingernail inbetween the 2 teeth and it causes pain. The dentist said hes is 99% sure it doesn't need a root canal, cause judging by the xrays, the cavitys were no where near the nerve. This is been going on for 2 weeks now, and im almost to the point of just having them pulled. Should I go see a new dentist, and get a second opinion. Sucks because dont know which tooth is the one causing the pain.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Lee

Lee 29 - April - 2010, at 11:54 AM

• I got two fillings on Monday and ever since then, those two teeth hurt every time I chew hard. Should I go back to dentist or just wait for the teeth/fillings to adjust?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - February - 2010, at 02:47 AM

• You should take a second opinion because if after two weeks you are still having pain, it means either the both or one of them is infected. You yourself will not be able to find out but the dentist will come to know by taking the xray and doing the clinical examination. If the tooth is infected you have to go for Root Canal Treatment. Sometimes when it is a borderline case, it is difficult to say only from xray whether the tooth is infected or not but clinical examination along with other diagnositc aids confirms the diagonosis. For more info on tooth pain you can check the following link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-pain-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation