I had over bite and applied braces about 10 years ago, but now I am still having over bite, issue is that I am not able to close my lips naturally, my upper jaw is little downwards, upper lip shorter and also front two teeths are slightly longer I suspect that if I use braces then my teeth will look like a fence(as \ when levelled will become |), so I would like to know if braces ca resolve this or is it okay to reduce length of teeth, if yes then how much to reduce as I heard that teeth is vacuum inside.No one will notice that I have a teeth issue but I am not able to close my lips, it is very annoying to me, please reply

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - February - 2011, at 10:35 AM

•  

It is better to go for braces treatment. Braces will treat your problem permanently and effectively. It is wrong that teeth are hollow inside. In teeth, after enamel which is outer most layer, comes dentine and after that vital tissue called pulp is there. If you get the tooth grinded then you can have hot and cold sensation as nerves will be exposed. Very minor cutting can be done that too the dentist has to decided after clinical examination  but I donot think that in your case getting teeth grinded will solve the problem. You have to go for braces for fixing this. For more info on braces, you can read this article.. www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation