I have a Baby tooth in the upper jaw,front side with cavity in it,what should do?i mean is there any option that i can do filling or do i have to take it out n replace with denture,Although i hav no pain and all.I m 24.Please suggest.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 05 - October - 2011, at 01:35 AM

  • As you are 24 years old so the baby tooth should not be there. In your case, either the adult tooth is impacted or the adult tooth is missing. Dentist will take an x-ray to see whether adult tooth is present or not and to check whether the roots of baby tooth are resorbed or not.  If the roots of the baby tooth are not resorbed, then you can save the tooth as long as possible. You can get dental filling to save the tooth as long as possible. Glass ionomer cement filling or composite filling can be done on the tooth. If the roots of the baby tooth are resorbed and the tooth is mobile, then you may not go for any filling. If the baby tooth is mobile and adult tooth is missing, then you can get the baby tooth pulled out and can get the tooth replaced with dental implants. Dental implants are the best option for replacement of missing teeth. You can also get fixed bridge for replacement of missing teeth. You have to visit your dentist to get treatment done.  By the time, maintain good oral hygiene and avoid any food accumulates in the cavity on the baby tooth. For more info on dental implants, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation