my gums are bleeding too much. whenever i spit blood comes from my gums. i am facing this problem from last 3 years. before this, i didn't had any dental problem. i had consult to a dentist and done an OPG Test. but after that he told me no problem detected in test. so now i am very upset. is this pyorrhea?. is any permanent treatment available for pyorrhea?. what to do now? please suggest me.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - January - 2011, at 20:34 PM

• If nothing has come on OPG, this means there is no bone loss. So it may be initial stage of gingival disease. The bleeding can be because of inflammation of gums. The inflammation of gums can be because of poor oral hygiene or sometimes it is related to harmonal changes in body like puberty or in case of females even during pregnancy. But in all this local factor like plaque deposit is the mail culprit. So you have to visit dentist and get the Scaling and Root Planning done. It should be done every 6 months. Along with this, maintain good oral hygiene and you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and can use some good otc gum paint for massaging the gums. It will increase local blood circulation of gums and make the gums healthy. So you take some vitamin c suppliments also. For more info on gum diseases, you can read the following detailed article in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-gum-disease-20.aspx

Free Dental Consultation