I talk to people and they keep on turning their head away and holding their nose. I went to my dentist. She did a test and she said I don't have any cavity or cancer. I want to know where my bad breath would be coming from and if a medical doctor can diagnose it? Thank You. Sincerely, Asante

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - October - 2011, at 01:01 AM

• Bad breath can be because of poor oral hygiene or can be because of deposits on tongue. Apart from that, bad breath can also be because of dry mouth or some systemic factors like respiratory or gastric disorders or liver, renal disorders. More intake of foods like onions, garlics can also lead to bad breath.  To avoid bad breath, it’s important that you maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly and clean your tongue properly to remove any deposits from the tongue. If bad breath persists even after this, then you can consult a medical doctor to get the reason of bad breath diagnosed. If bad breath is due to dry mouth, then patient should take more of fluids. If bad breath is due to sinus problem or gastric problem, then treatment is required for it. Bad breath is not a disease but is a symptom of disease and you have to visit your dentist and or medical doctor to get the reason of bad breath diagnosed. To mask the effect of bad breath, you can use a mouth wash or can take sugar free gums or cloves or green tea. For more info on causes of bad breath, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-causes-bad-breath-262.aspx

Free Dental Consultation