Hello, I am 15 years old and I'm struggling with bad breath. I have a dentist but he is a family friend and I am to embaressed and nervous to ask him for help. I have tried ProFresh and it kills most bacteria in my mouth and tongue but there is a white film over the back of my tongue. I have also tried the OraBrush and that has not worked for me either. I am in search for a cure, please get back to me please, thank you.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2011, at 11:03 AM

• Bad breath can be due to many reasons. The most common reason is poor oral hygiene along with deposits on tongue. So try to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing 2-3 times a day and do regular flossing. Clean your tongue daily with tongue cleaner. As you have already written there is white layer on tongue, so the most probable cause of bad breath in your case is the deposits on tongue. It can be due to sinus problem also. You can do mouthwash also. You donot have to feel shy or embrassed about bad breath as it is very common problem and many people suffer from this. Moresoever when you go to your friend dentist, you are his patient and he is dentist and will give you best treatment. for more info on bad breath you can read this article..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-causes-bad-breath-262.aspx

Free Dental Consultation