I noticed this just the other day. The final tooth on the bottom right hand side of my mouth (had all wisdom teeth removed) seems to have the gum growing over it and somewhat pushing it out. If I reach in to my mouth and touch the area of my tooth the gum is covering, it kind of hurts. It also feels uncomfortable when I'm not touching it. When I touch the part of my tooth not covered by the gum it feels fine. What could be causing this, and is there anything I can do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2012, at 04:50 AM

• Gum tissue can partly or completely cover a back tooth. This condition is mostly seen in case of wisdom teeth but can also occur on second molars. It is a painful condition and can further lead to infection. Food accumulates can occur in this area and the area can become difficult to clean and lead to pain and soreness. You can visit your dentist for evaluation.  Your dentist can debride that area or remove the flap of gum tissue lying over the tooth. By the time, you visit a dentist, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. Brush gently over that area to remove the food accumulates and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation