I have had pain in my upper right teeth for almost 2 years. The endo did a root canal on tooth 2. Pain was still there. Did a retreatment on tooth 3. Pain still there. Had tooth 3 extracted. Pain still there. Had root canal in tooth 4. Pain still there. It started off as a nagging pain but now it hurts badly all the time. It's a throbbing pain which seems like it's in tooth 4 but obviously there has been a lot of guess work and no one knows for sure. I had 3 or 4 infections in tooth 3/4 in one year. Tooth 4 has never had a cavity or a filling. I was even given Tegretol by one dentist who thought it may be trigeminal neuralgia but it didn't help. The last endo who did the root canal on tooth 4 suggested there may be a crack in that tooth somewhere that can't be seen on x ray. It was painful to bite on it but it hurts all the time, with or without chewing. After this root canal, which was done 2 weeks ago, the tooth is so sore on top of the usual pain. I am so tempted to have it extracted but i don't want to lose all my teeth chasing after a pain that nobody can tell from where it originates. This is affecting the quality of my life. I can't play sports b/c it makes my tooth hurt. I am losing weight b/c I can't chew. And no one can help me. Please offer any suggestions that i can take back to the dentist. Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - April - 2011, at 10:06 AM

• You should get the pano done to find ourt which tooth is affected. Yu should not keep on getting the root canal treatment done with out any diagnosis. It is difficult to comment on this without seeing the case clinically. The pain may be because of the sinus problem or the gum problem. Take second opinion from some other dentist.For more info on dental pain you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation