my wisdom teeth haven't come out yet and I'm 20. The bottom ones are trying to come in at an angle and are forcing my front teeth to overlap. if i get them removed will my teeth go back to being straight or will i have to go through braces all over again?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - January - 2012, at 02:45 AM

• Wisdom teeth usually erupt in late teens but may erupt at age of 30-40 in some individuals. When there is not enough space for wisdom teeth to erupt, then tooth becomes impacted. Impacted wisdom teeth can lead to pain and swelling of the jaws and gums and can even lead to crowding of front teeth. Wisdom teeth push adjacent teeth for eruption and can lead to shifting of front teeth. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication and are susceptible to infections so if they are impacted or are infected or are causing any problem, then they are pulled out. Surgical tooth extraction can be done for impacted wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are removed before or during braces treatment to avoid any complications later on. If you don’t get wisdom tooth extraction done, then you will need braces treatment..For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation