I'm 17 and my two top canine adult teeth are impacted. My baby canine teeth below them are intact and not at all loose. I'm getting my baby canines pulled later this week and I was wondering what my options for bring down the impacted adult canine teeth are. This is my senior year of highschool and I do not want to have braces. But most of the things I read all speak of treatment with a bracket to bring them down. What are my other options? Preferably, options that do not involve braces. Thanks.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 08 - August - 2011, at 19:14 PM

  • If at age of 17, adult canines are impacted and baby canines are still there then after getting baby teeth extracted you have to go for braces to pull the adult canine teeth in their normal position. There is no other option for this. If you just get the baby canine extracted and donot go for braces to bring the adult teeth in normal position then they may erupt but they will not come in proper position and will take too long. so you have to go for braces. In this the dentist will expose the crown part of adult canine surgically and attach a braceket to that and pull it down with braces. There are many kinds of braces available these days and you can choose like metallic or cermamic braces. For more info on braces you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_choosing-right-type-of-braces-159.aspx

Free Dental Consultation