Ever since having my wisdom teeth pulled last summer I've had reoccurring pain in my upper jaw (towards the back) and pain in my sinuses after eating tough/stringy food like steak. It only happens after eating those types of food and flossing/mouthwash/brushing does not help. I went back to my dentist and told him of the issue, but he just figured my back molars had spread apart too much and filled in the gap a little (he pretty much ignored me telling him about the sinus pain). Needless to say, that didn't work. I should mention that this dentist is in WI (where I moved from). The only thing that takes away the pain has been ibuprofen. Also, the pain is a dull ache. I also brush 2x daily and don't drink soda, if that helps.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - August - 2011, at 08:00 AM

• If the extraction wound has healed properly and there is no redness and swelling in that area then there is no reason that the pain is due to wisdom tooth. May be your some other tooth is decayed or infected or there is some gum disease which is causing the problem. The upper molar roots are quite near to sinus and sometimes infection in the tooth can cause pain in the sinus also. So for this you have to go to your dentist and get an xray done to find out the exact cause. if it is due to decayed or infected tooth then that tooth is restored or root canal treated which will take care of your sinus problem also. For more info on dental pain you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation