i got my tooth extracted last friday and its my first time. i still have disconfort after 4 days and the hole looks empty. it doesnt have the whitish layer like i have read in several articles. is that normal or should i get that checked? also i have a weard taste in my mouth. is that normal too? also ppl tell me not to chew on that side of extraction but i kind of have no choice because on the other side i have a cracked molar that needs a root canal and its painful when i chew on that side. so what should i do with my case?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - August - 2011, at 05:37 AM

• Pain and discomfort 4 days after extraction is normal. The extraction socket takes normally 1week to heal completely and in case of wisdom teeth, it takes even longer depending on the procedure and the position of the tooth. If the pain persists even after 1week, then you should visit your dentist. Keep doing the warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day which will facilitate the healing process. It is always told to avoid chewing on the side of extraction so that there is no food accumulation in the socket area and to facilitate the healing process. If you are chewing on the side of extraction, then it’s important that you don’t allow any food deposits in that area. Maintain a very good oral hygiene. Follow the instructions of your dentist and take the medicaments as prescribed by your dentist. For more info on do’s and don’ts after tooth extraction, you can refer to the following article ... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation