after my braces was removed!! my dentist gave me retainers.. which i wore it only for 2-3 months.. and now i'm felling some change in my teeth(shifting). so i was thinking to again were retainers..! what shall i do?? should i were my retainers again..! if yes for how many years? please do reply me i'm in deep need for your advise..!! :)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2012, at 00:21 AM

• Retainers are given after braces treatment to prevent relapse. In most of the cases, retainers are to be worn for 6 months initially and then are to be worn only at night. But in some cases like in diastema, retainers may have to be worn for lifetime. Fixed retainers can be given to the patient in such cases which are bonded to the back of teeth. If your teeth are shifting, then you can wear retainers. Retainers won’t harm you in any way but will ensure that your teeth remain in straight line. It will be your orthodontist who will decide that for how long you have to wear retainers.  For more info on duration of retainers, refer to…….   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-long-i-have-to-wear-retainer-after-braces-522.aspx

Free Dental Consultation