I have my upper front four teeth inside(2-3mm) than normal and the teeth length also high(3-4 mm). lowar four teeth are normal in position but the length is little high as upper teeth(3-4mm). I have little bone loss inside the teeth, as I had gum problem, and I had the gum surgery as well. Now kindly let me know Is the clips are good for straitening and decreasing the length of the teeth. OR do I need to remove front 4 upper teeth and go for crowns. can I decrease the length of the lowwer teeth by cutting. Thanking you, Sreekanth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - June - 2012, at 22:09 PM

• Dear SRIKANT, Are you facing any problem with your profile? If yes then the first thing is to get an OPG Xray done after visiting an orthodontist. The treatment line is advancement of chin...

• srikanth

srikanth 26 - June - 2012, at 03:43 AM

• hai im 21 year old and my front teeth are little bigger and i have concerned a doctor and he said that my chin has less growth thats the reason my front teeth loook bigger..

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - January - 2012, at 02:34 AM

• If your front teeth are inside, then you can get dental braces treatment to correct it. You can opt for metallic, ceramic or lingual dental braces to correct the positioning of teeth. You can also opt for invisaligns which are clear, removable aligners to straighten the teeth. Duration of treatment of braces or invisaligns is 18-24 months depending on your age and extent of misalignment which is present. If teeth are bit longer in size, then they can be corrected with selective grinding procedure. If teeth are quire long and selective grinding procedure can’t be done, then you can opt for cosmetic procedures like dental lumineers, veneers or crowns to correct the size of teeth. You can opt for porcelain or porcelain fused to metal dental crowns for front teeth. You can visit your dentist to get treatment done for misaligned and long teeth. For more info on teeth straightening options for adult, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation