my second to the last molar on the top was filled in January with a white filling. The gumline on the back of the tooth has been irrated since and the tooth hurts sometimes sending the pain to the lower part of my mouth. I had the tooth refilled and it didn't help. I went to another dentist who yet refilled the cavity again stating that the last dentist used the wrong composite resin. His new filling has not helped either. What should I do next? I have over $500 in this tooth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2011, at 00:58 AM

• Pain and irritated gum line  can be there if the dental filling is not done properly or if there is gum infection present in relation to  the tooth. After tooth filling, polishing of filling is done so that it doesn’t irritate the gums. If there is gum infection present in that area, then you can do warm saline rinses for some relief. If the filling is not done properly or is not polished, then you have to refer to your dentist. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can discuss it with your dentist.  For more info on problems with dental fillings, you can refer to following article.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-problems-with-dental-fillings-810.aspx

Free Dental Consultation