I had a chip in my tooth for quite some time now, but today it started to hurt. The pain I am feeling is so great it brought me to my knees and put me in tears. Its unbearable. Liquor and orajel are helping a little bit, but I need something done. I have very little money (im 20 with a minimum wage job) and no insurance for dental. Is there ANYTHING I can do to take care of this? The pain is excrutiating.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 13 - October - 2011, at 02:49 AM

  • If there is cracked tooth present in the mouth, then it requires treatment done. If a small portion of tooth is chipped off, then dental bonding may be required to repair the tooth. If a large portion of tooth is chipped, then root canal treatment followed by dental crowns may be required by the patient.  Post and core along with dental crown may also be required for the chipped tooth. If only a little of tooth structure is left, then tooth extraction may be required. Only applying anesthetic gel will be of little use. You have to get dental treatment done for the chipped tooth. For some pain relief, you can take pain meds after consulting your dentist. If there is gum swelling present in that area, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day and you can apply oragel over it. Avoid eating anything from that side of the tooth and avoid any food deposits in that area which can aggravate the pain. If you don’t have much money, then you can approach any of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap. You can also ask your dentist if you can pay in installments for dental treatment.  For more info on how chipped tooth is fixed by the dentist, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation