im 19 and my wisdom teeth are coming out one came out painlessly but the second one is making my gum swell and bleed and also pus is coming out of that area of gum. im trying to keep it clean but the pus is coming out more often now i dont want to visit dentist because in our country dental clinics dont practice good hygiene and through their instruments disease could spread what should i do is there any home remedies? and is it ok if i dont visit a dentist and let the teeth come out naturally

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2012, at 01:45 AM

• Flap of gum tissue can occur on partially erupted wisdom tooth where food impaction can take place. Entrapment of food below this flap of gum tissue can lead to infection and pain. Gums will become red and inflamed in this condition and pus will discharge from gums and bad odor and taste is present from oral cavity. For treatment of condition, debridement of area is done and removal of flap of gum tissue on wisdom tooth is done. If condition reoccurs, then extraction of wisdom tooth is required. You have to visit your dentist for treatment. Wisdom teeth don’t aid in mastication and are susceptible to infections so they are removed if they are infected or are impacted or are causing any other problems. If your wisdom tooth is impacted, then it will not come out naturally. If dentists at your place are not good, then you can visit some other place for treatment. By the time, you visit your dentist, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day to reduce swelling of gums and can avoid eating from side of affected tooth. Keep wisdom tooth area clean. Food accumulates in that area will aggravate the pain. For detailed info on wisdom teeth, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-about-wisdom-teeth-920.aspx

Free Dental Consultation