On May 4, 2010, my dentist removed the old silver filling in my tooth and replaced it with the white filling. The tooth in question is the very last back tooth on the upper left. Ever since then it hurts to chew on that side. I have gone back to the dentist 3 (maybe 4) times since then and they cannot figure out what the problem may be. It is now June 29th, I'm still having problems, and the pain is waking me up at night now. Any suggestions? The entire left side of my mouth aches.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - June - 2010, at 19:52 PM

• If after so long you are still having the pain then you should get the X-raydone. It can be because the filling is deep and whle removng the silver filng and changng it with white filing had made it more deep causig the infection. The night pain and aching on the left side also points towards the infection . So get the X-ray done and if the tooth is infected then you have to go for the root canal treatment. For more info on dental fillings you can visit the following link on our website.......http://www.identalhub.com/article_advantages-and-disadvantages-of-composites-42.aspxwww.identalhub.com/article_advantages-and-disadvantages-of-composites-42.aspx

Free Dental Consultation