went to the orthodontist today and he told me I have severe wearing on my inner front teeth (obviously from the bottom teeth) due to an overbite. He told me my ONLY option to get them far enough away was braces. I cannot bring myself to wear braces on both sets of teeth for a year and a half to fix the problem. I am currently a model and rely too much on my day to day conversation on my smile. I rarely ever have my lower teeth showing. Here's where I'm getting at: I thought that if I could wear just the lower set to pull the bottom teeth far enough back, and use invisiline on the top, my opinion is it logically should do close to 75% of what braces on both upper and lower should do. Then I can get at least a little bonding on the insides of the front teeth. Maybe I would have to go in every couple of years to get more put on, but I just can't bring myself to wear the braces on the top. Any suggestions, opinions or other options? Thanks in advance!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - March - 2011, at 20:14 PM

• These days there are many options available even in braces. You can go for cosmetic braces like tooth colored braces in which wire is also tooth colored and they donot show much and these are called ceramic braces. The other alternative is to go for Invisalign which can be removed as per your work schedule. These days another type of braces treatment has come up which is called lingual braces in which the braces are put at the back of the teeth and they donot show at all. However these are costlier than others and there are certain limitations as they cannot be put to every patient. So you can visit an orthodontist and discuss these options and your problems with him and he will guide and plan treatment accordingly. For more info on type of braces you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_all-about-cosmetic-braces-347.aspx

Free Dental Consultation