All my gums seem to be ok but the back or in faced side of one of my front teeth has a slit going down where the gum should be and exposing the back end of the tooth down to the bottom. This is the only tooth with the exposed root area of the tooth. The tooth is in a tight space being pushed forward by the others and set at an angle with the root portion being the same but from the other side much like this line "/." I dont know if this is something to do with the gums or if its cause the tooth is pushed out and spread the gum to thin in this area and allowed it to be worn away. I really appreciate any feedback on this as I do not have dental or medical insurance at the moment to have it taken care of properly. Thank you for your time

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2011, at 00:50 AM

• Condition in which the gum line drifts and the root surface of the tooth is exposed is known as gum recession.Gum recession can occur because of plaque and calculus deposits, traumatic bite, tooth malpositioning, faulty tooth brushing or clenching or grinding of teeth. In your case, gum recession can be because of tooth misalignment or can be because of traumatic bite present. You need to get it corrected otherwise bone resorption and bone loss can occur. To correct the tooth malalignment or traumatic bite, selective grinding or appliance therapy is given to the patient. You need to get treatment done for it before it causes pain or any other complication. If you don’t have much money, then you can approach any of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap.  For more info on gum recession, you can refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation