My son is 4 but when he was 2 he fell on a remote while running and his front right on top fell out and the one beside it. I heard rumors that when his permenant teeth come in they will come in black is this true? Is there anything I need to know with what happened?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - May - 2011, at 20:40 PM

• Sometimes when there is trauma to the milk teeth, the tooth buds of the adult teeth are also affected as they lie very near to the roots of milk teeth. As the adult tooth bud at that time is in developing stage, so the development gets disturbed and the tooth becomes hypoplastic and when they erupt they can be black in color. But this does not happen always and there is no way that we can come to know before or do something before the eruption of permanent teeth. In your childs case, as the baby teeth  have come out rather than being intruded (going in) the chances of damage to the adult tooth bud are quite less. So just relax and if something happens to the adult teeth then many treatment options are available for permanent teeth. For more info on children dentistry you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-children-dentistry-33.aspx

Free Dental Consultation