Hi. I am scheduled to get my braces off in 4 weeks. However I found out that I will be travelling at that time, so I wanted to know if it'd be okay for me to get them off in 3 weeks instead. All I got done today (my 2nd last appointment) was a minor rotation of the upper left lateral. Will the teeth have moved already in 3 weeks time? Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - January - 2012, at 00:29 AM

• Braces may or may not be removed 1 week earlier. Removing dental braces earlier can affect the treatment. Your orthodontist after evaluation can tell that whether braces can be removed before stipulated time or not. After braces are removed, you will also be given retainers. Retainers are appliances which are given to prevent relapse of treatment. It is the orthodontist who determine the duration of retainers. In some cases, retainers are to be worn for 6 months initially all the time and then are to be worn only at night and in some cases, retainers are given for lifetime. Fixed or removable retainers will be given to you. Without clinical examination and without seeing your study models, it is difficult to comment that whether braces can be removed earlier or not in your case. For more info on how do braces work, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-braces-work-419.aspx

Free Dental Consultation