I i had braces for about two years and i didnr know how to floss with them ao now my gums dont go down as far as there supposed to nd im in tear sceard of loosing my teeth and looking like a idiot my entire life pleeeeeez help me i really am depressed about this

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - December - 2011, at 03:56 AM

• Recession of gums can occur with braces treatment due to prolonged irritation to adjacent gum margins or can occur because of food particles getting trapped into the brackets of braces. It can cause sensitivity of teeth and looks unaesthetic. If minor gum recession is present, then you can get dental cleaning done and can use a desensitizing tooth paste to avoid sensitivity of teeth. If moderate or severe gum recession is present, then periodontal surgeries may also be required to correct gum recession. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing to avoid any deposits around teeth. You can also use a mouth wash which is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal. If you take good care of your teeth, then you will not lose them. For more info on recession of gums, refer to….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation