(Dental question) I had a bone graft preformed on my jaw about 15 months ago. I had anchors put in as soon as the doctor said it was ready, but then stalled on putting the crown on for several months. Now when I went ahead to have the crowns affixed I have been told there was too much degradation of the bone and tissue and they need to go back in and repeat the procedure (and I have to repay). Does this seem reasonable?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - January - 2012, at 02:03 AM

• When there is not enough bone present to support dental implant, then bone grafting procedure is done. It is done for bone to reproduce around dental implant. Dental implant can be given along with bone grafting or several months after bone grafting procedure. After dental implant placement, loading of dental implant is done and provisional restoration is given after adequate primary stability is obtained. Bone loss and degradation can occur after dental implant placement in case of bacterial infection or because of inadequate oral hygiene measures. Some systemic problems can also lead to bone degradation.  If bone degradation takes place after bone grafting and dental implant placement, then the procedure needs to be repeated and it has to be redone. You will also need to pay again for procedure. For more info on problems of dental implants, refer to…….    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-are-different-problems-of-dental-implant-791.aspx

Free Dental Consultation