I'm having a weird problem and I'm not sure what to do. A few days ago, out of nowhere I had an extremely awful toothache, Being that it started at 2am and I don't currently have income or dental insurance I just took iburprofen and went to bed. Over the last few days it doesn't hurt as much, but occasionally will start again, along with pain in my jaw. I'm concerned it may be an abcess, but after calling free/low income dental clinics all day to no avail, my only option is to go to the emergency room which is going to cost and arm and a leg and probably not do much, plus today suddenly it isn't bothering me much at all, and I don't want to chance owing the hospital a ton of money if it turns out to be nothing. It is my back most lower wisdom tooth that is effected, but since that's already all grown in, I don't think it's normal growing pains. I have also noticed a brown line going down the side of said tooth. what do I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - July - 2011, at 19:32 PM

• from your symptoms it looks like that you have infected tooth with abscess as the wisdom tooth is fully grown, so chances of pain due to infection are not there. You  are also giving the history that pain is there very early in the morning. The abscess tooth pain is also when you are lying down and normally it starts late night hour or early in the morning. For this you have to go to dentist and find out the cause after clinical examination and radiographic checking. If it is abscesse wisdom tooth then you have to get it pulled out. For more problems on wisdom tooth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation