the roof of my mouth is all white like one big white patch that white patch travels down my throat and on the side of my tonsil it is now spreading to my cheek and there is bumps on the back of my tongue and a sore that doesnt hurt its also has red blotches in it how bad and white kind of infection is that

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - May - 2011, at 19:52 PM

• It is not good to have patches in mouth as they can be pre cancerous lesions. Quit smoking and tobacco chewing immediately as in your case it seems to be the cause. Along with quitting these habits, you have to visit the dentist who after clinical exam and if needed getting biopsy done, will decide the treatment according to diagnosis.

• sunil

sunil 30 - May - 2011, at 05:33 AM

• my mouth have white pathches more than 3 years 8 years back i chewing tobaco patche have no pains now iam smoking light cigarates give the details of treatment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - February - 2011, at 10:53 AM

• White patch can be because of some burns if you eat some thing hot which is called as pizza palate or it can be white patch because of some infection. So without knowing the detailed history and clinical examination it difficult to give diagnosis but you should not delay visiting dentist. So visit your dentist asap and get the proper diagnosis made. Treatment depends upon the proper diagnosis. For more info on oral lesions, you can read this article...

Free Dental Consultation