I am going for my checkup on tuesday, butI already know I have a cavity on my backish middle tooth. I can feel it on the front of my tooth with my tongue and a toothpick tip can poke it. Will I need a root canal/ will getting it filled honestly sting?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - July - 2011, at 19:26 PM

• Whether you need root canal treatment or not depends on the extent of decay. If the decay is deep and pulp is infected then you will need root canal treatment. You have not written whether you have any symptoms like pain on chewing, pain at night with hot n cold sensation. If you have these symptoms then you will be needing Root Canal treatment. Normally RCT requirement is diagnosed by taking xrays and clinical exam and detailed history. Every decayed tooth does not need root canal treatment. If you donot have any root canal need symptoms then the tooth will be simple restored by filling. You can go for tooth colored composite filling. For more info on need for root canal treatment you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation