I have an absesses and am getting a root canal. When my denist first opened up my tooth, i was in terrible awful pain and he says that i have the most painful tooth that hes ever dealt with. He says the tooth is dead, but its osmois thats the reason ive been feeling pain. He couldnt getting me numb when he first tried to open my tooth he couldnt get me numb and the needles hurt terribly. He recently opened my tooth up again and the needle didnt hurt as much and he was able to get me numb. I was in a little pain during it, but not near as much pain as the first time he opened my tooth up. Is there anything else my dentist can do so that im not in pain during the root canal when he finishes it. When will the bumb of the abcesses go away?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - November - 2010, at 22:32 PM

• I do not now whether you took antibiotics for the abcessed tooth or not. In acute cases where the tooth is not getting numb we prescribe a course of antibiotics and when the pain subsides a bit then it is easy to open the root canal. Now your root canal s opened you can do warm saline rinses so that drainage is good and infection settles down and mantain very good oral hygeine. If the canals are prepared nicely and the infection is not there then there is no pain in subsequent visits. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation