I have a gum flap on top of my wisdom tooth and its been there since my tooth came in I don't have insurance that covers dental so what can I do to resolve this? It only starts to bug me when I get food under it but I checked and there is nothing under it this had happened before and the swelling of the gum goes away eventually.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - July - 2011, at 19:28 PM

• For the flap on wisdom tooth, the best treatment is to get the wisdom tooth pulled out and it is otherwise of no use and does not help in chewing or you can get the flap removed surgicaly if the tooth has sufficient space to erupt or it has erupted fully. Till you get it done, maintain very good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses so that the flap does not get infected. If you donot have any dental insurance then you can try dental school which is definately cheaper than private dentist and even you may be lucky to get free treatment over there. For more info on wisdom tooth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation