Hello, My mother had a root cancal, and a crown over 20 yrs now. For the last 4mths she has been having horrible pain in that tooth. The teeth beside of this one has also had a root canal, and crown. She does wear a night guard because she is a grinder, but would that cause only one tooth to hurt? It is on of the big front ones. She went to a local dentist but he only told her it would get better or worse. Thank you for you time, and help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2011, at 09:33 AM

• The pain may be due to high crown. In this case, you have to go to dentist and get the adjustment done. After root canal treatment, tooth sometime to settle down. If the pain is gradually decreasing then wait for some more time otherwise you have to go to dentist.

• KAMLA

KAMLA 21 - February - 2011, at 00:28 AM

• RCT has recently been done in my lower last jaw and capping has also been done but still pain persists while chewing an apple, papaya or an orange. I have taken the treatment just 15 days back. What is the reason of this pain and how can I avoid it?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - January - 2011, at 07:56 AM

• There are many causes of Root Canal failure. As you have mentioned your mother is night grinder so the repeated trauma may be the one of cause, even though she is wearing night guard. The other reason can be, wearing of crown as with time crown wears off and there becomes holes in crown which can cause leakage and root canal treated tooth can become infected and also some times due to periodontal problem, the root canal treated tooth can become infected. Now the treatment option is to go for xray and if possible, she can go for re root canal treatment from an Endodontist and new crown. For more ino on Re-root canal treatment, you can read the following article.... www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation