I have an upper molar that's sinking into the lower molar area. This is due to an extracted molar on my lower jaw. I want to place an implant on the lower jaw but oral surgeon will not do it until I get this sinking molar problem taken care off. What can I...

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 10 - March - 2011, at 19:57 PM

  • Yes your oral surgeon is right in not doing anythng till the problem of upper molar is solved otherwise the faiure of implant will take place. For the upper molar either that too has to be pulled out or it should be grinded in such a way that the clearance is there but if it is supraerupted to the level that it is hurtig the lower molar area then may be root canal treatment has to be done and after that the tooth can be ground to get the clearence. In upper molar than you have to get the crown. Which treatment can be done depends upon the position of the tooth and your dentist can give you the best advice. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation