I have a severe overbite, I will not have surgery given my age 63, my bottom teeth are touching my upper gums causing irritation and I am wondering if my upper jaw is growing to compensate the space difference?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 20 - April - 2011, at 19:11 PM

  • As you are 63 years of age, it is not possible to go for usual treatments of deep bite like surgery or braces treatment. In your case, you can go for selective grinding of the teeth which are touching the upper gums and causing irritation or you can wear the biteblade to open the deep bite. For this you have to visit the dentist who after clinical examination will chart out the treatment plan for you. For more info on deep bite you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-using-headgear-to-treat-overbite-750.aspx

Free Dental Consultation