I currently hae had my veneers or about a year and some now, and all of a sudden one tooth with the veneer on it has started to ache, or ee sensitive to everything. It hurts and its annoying and sometimes the tooth itself feels loose. can someone please gimme something to go off of when i go to the dentist. i hae made an appointment to go its just going to ee a while be for i get in.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - January - 2011, at 20:32 PM

• It looks like that your tooth is infected. It happens sometimes and it can be because of some trauma or infection thru gums. If it is hurting then you have to get the Root Canal Treatment done for tooth and there is no need for get the veneers removed and root canal will be done from the back of the tooth. Normally the veneer does not slip off itself but if the bonding is not good or there is some trauma to the tooth then it may slip off. Till you go to dentist, you can take pain killer to get relief but root canal is the ultimate tx for your sensitive tooth. For more info on situation where root canal is indicated, you can read this detailed article in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation