i had a tooth extraction on my second to last top molar on the left three days ago and it hurts pretty bad i have a pretty funky taste in my mouth and there is this white looking stuff almost covering the hole and down in the hole is white any help would be great thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - March - 2010, at 20:56 PM

• If the cavity is not deep and you donot have any pain then better to get it filled asap because if the cavity becomes deep then tooth will become infected and painfuly and becomes difficult to do Root Canal Treatment in third molar and sometimes you have to go for extraction. So go for filling asap.

• Jide

Jide 25 - March - 2010, at 08:06 AM

• I have a hole in my third Molar for 6 months now, it's not painful but I feel it getting wider with occassional bad breath. I have been using a mouth wash for that, but it has started bleeding slightly these days still without pain. Do you think I need a filling. I would Appreciate your advice a lot, Thanks.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - March - 2010, at 20:07 PM

• It is normal to have pain after the three days of extraction and the white stuff is also normal. But if the pain persists even after a week and there is swelling then you should visit the dentist. keep doing warm salie rinses 2 to 3 times a day and maintain very good oral hygeine. For more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction you can visit the following link on our website....... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation