I am a 17 year old. When i was about 10 i chipped my two front teeth to now they look liek this -> /\. I have had caps put on them and have had braces. The braces are now off. I still have caps on both teeth but the we have replaced the caps on several different occasions. I am wondering exactly what is it that I can do to get this fixed? I would liek to get something permanent if possible. Please help me i don't want to have to wear these crowns anymore. Plese help me.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 12 - May - 2011, at 19:19 PM

  • The crowns are the permament treatment but till the growth is there the dentist donot go for permanent crowns and now you are 17 year old and your jaw growth is almost complete and not you can go for permament crowns which can be PFM (porcelain fused to metal) or all ceramic crowns. These crowns are permanently fixed and you donot have to go for replacement for atleast 7-10 years, sometimes even more. There is no other treatment than to go for dental crowns for the chipped front teeth and you become used to them as they are quite natural looking and even feeling is natural and if they are nicely fitted then others cannot even differentiate between crowns and natural tooth. For more info you can read this article on chipped tooth treatment.... www.identalhub.com/dental-how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation