If I pull out my baby tooth (it isn't wiggly because I don't have an adult tooth underneath it) will the root still be left in my gums? My dentist is suppose to pull it out, but I want to pull it out myself. I'm planning to get an implant when I'm older so if the root of this baby tooth is still left in will it be a problem when the implant is placed in?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - August - 2011, at 01:46 AM

• If the tooth is not carious and is not even loose, then its better not to remove it as it will act as a space maintainer till you get your implants. If the tooth is carious or decayed, then you can get it pulled out from your dentist rather than removing it yourself. A portion of tooth may remain inside if you pull it out yourself which may cause infection and pain later on. If the tooth is not decayed, then let the tooth be there itself and get it removed from your dentist when you have to get implants. For more info on how dental implants are placed, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-the-implants-are-placed-172.aspx

Free Dental Consultation