My ten year old son hit his mouth on a metal apparatus at a park. He chipped one permanent front tooth and horizontally broke the other front tooth and the one next to it leaving the root on both. Recommendation was to bond chipped tooth and have a root canal and crown for the two broken teeth. I am concerned that this procedure isn't the proper one for him considering he is ten and is still growing. I fear that there will be spacing later due to growth. What do you suggest?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - March - 2011, at 10:41 AM

• The tooth which is chipped can be treated by bonding . bondng is the most conservative treatment at this age though it is not the permenent one But afterwards when he grows old like at the age of 16 plus he can get this tooth also crowned. As for the teeth which has only the roots the best treatment is to go for the crown after getting the root canal treatment and the post and core. But the crowns which are given now has to be changed later as the teeth grow. For more info on traumatic injuries you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation