has a loose tooth was sitting watching tv and was wiggling the tooth and the tooth popped out. want to know how to treat the whole left in my mouth, i already rinsed out my mouth with salt water but there was no bleeeding and so i do not have a clot in places anything to worry about?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2011, at 04:07 AM

• If the whole of the tooth came out, then you can keep a gauze pack over that area for 30mins. Eat soft and cold food today and don’t spit much for at least 24 hours. Don’t drink anything from straw and avoid smoking for at least 2 days now. You can do warm saline rinses 24 hours after the tooth came out. You can visit your dentist so that he can make sure that whole of the tooth came out and no fragment of tooth is left inside.  If a fragment of tooth is left inside, then it has to be extracted. Keep the hole clean to avoid any secondary infection. If it is a permanent tooth which came out, then you can get the missing tooth replaced with dental implants which are the best option for the replacement of missing tooth. Dental implants are bit expensive and if you can’t afford dental implants, then you can opt for dental bridges. If it is a baby tooth which came out, then the adult tooth will erupt and will take its place in some time. For more info on tooth extraction after care, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_do%27s-and-don%27ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation