i have an infection showing on xray under tooth 21 but tooth 22 is causing me agony. they are so close it could be either one b/c i have sever crowding its hard to tell where the pressure is. they both have root canals.20 is missing, 18 and 19 have root canals with filling and need crowns. i am worried that the infection will come back if i retreat the root canals and crown the teeth. i read alot about the toxins and how bacteria is never gone and can't be reached by antibiotics anyways. should i just pull the teeth and have 3 missing teeth where i would get one implant where 21 was and a fixed bridge connecting 18-23? is that safer than keeping around infected teeth? then later on i could possibly afford implants for all the missing teeth? i am worried the infected teeth should just be removed. i have had terrible times with root canals and 3 crowned teeth have been drilled thru to retreat old root canals.

Leave Comment

• Fenny Williams

Fenny Williams 12 - November - 2010, at 04:06 AM

• It is always better to keep your own teeth. Doing the crowns is a better choice unless your dental hygiene is poor. Implants are more than $1000.00 each. That is usually just the cost for the implant, not the crown that needs to be placed on the implant itself. You have Oral sugeon cost for the implant, and lots of lab costs involved. When you do the crown usually the $850 each is all inclusive. If you floss, brush, and see your dentist on a regular basis crowns are the better choice. But if you have really bad teeth, that are beyond saving implants are the better choice.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - November - 2010, at 10:40 AM

• It is always better to save your own teeth than to get them pulled out if they can be sved. So go to the dentst who along with X-ra's wii do other diagnostic tests to confirm which tooth is infected and treat it.. You can always get them extracted later and get the implant. Yor dentist after seeing te case will give you the best advise.for more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation