I have a loose molar. I just noticed it 2 weeks ago today. I was experiencing pain due to sinus pressure and was not sure if I was having a real dental problem. Then I noticed that my tooth was a little loose. I went out of town and the sinus problem went away, but my tooth was still loose and it was causing slight pain when I applied pressure to it. Could you tell me what is wrong with this tooth? Why is it all of a sudden loose and pained? When I had my last cleaning in October 2010, this was not a problem. I had my wisdon teeth removed in the summer of 2010 and I just don't know where this cam from.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - March - 2011, at 10:48 AM

• Because of the sinus problem there can be pain in the tooth but it can not become loose. The tooth become lose either because of infection after the tooth is decayed or if there is some gum problem. Because of the gum problem the supporting bone resorbs causing the mobile tooth. The treatment in both the cases is different. If it s because of decayed tooth then getting the root canal treatment will solve the problem but if it is because of the gum problem then either deep cleaing is done or the gum surgery is indicated. For more info on gum surgeries you can visit the following link..www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-gum-disease-surgery-339.aspx

Free Dental Consultation