I went to the dentist about three months ago worried about the possibility of having mouth cancer. since I've quit dipping i have noticed to small crater or dent like places on each side of the frenulum under my tongue. They aren't white or bleeding just two dents under my tongue. and since noticing them i have also began to have drymouth. does anyone know what these could possibly be?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - April - 2011, at 22:57 PM

• The crater or dent on the either side of the tonge can be normal anatomical feature also as you say that they are not white and are not bleeding. You have to keep them observing to see whether they are increasing in size or not. If they are not causing any iritation or increasing in size then it can be normal. But still yiu once take opinion from your dentist as without clinical examination it is difficult to comment on such things. The dry mouth can be because you have quitted dipping and it may be because of the stress. Till then try to maintain very good oral hygeine. For more info on oral hygeine you can visit the following link...www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-hygiene-63.aspx

Free Dental Consultation