since three days i am having swelling and severe pain around my right side wisdom tooth. Last night i consulted doctor he gave orrepaste. please help me in minimizing the pain. Its really painful even i have got ulcers in tongue.I am taking ponstan 500mg and I allergic to buscopen and volterin.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - August - 2011, at 03:12 AM

• If the wisdom tooth is fully erupted and there is pain and swelling around the wisdom tooth, it means that the wisdom tooth is infected. Wisdom tooth doesn’t aid in mastication so normally no treatment is done to save it. The treatment of choice is to get it pulled out. Do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day which will reduce the swelling. You can take antibiotics and pain killers to control the infection after consulting your dentist. Even if it is partially erupted, then also the treatment of choice is to get it pulled. There is no specific treatment for tongue ulcers. It will take 7-10 days to heal completely. Stay away from spicy foods for it. You can also apply anesthetic ointment otc which can numb that area and can provide temporary relief. Sometimes Vitamin B12, folic acid, iron tablets and using antiseptic mouth washes also help. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can refer to the following link ...

Free Dental Consultation