its burning...its aching...its hurting on the left side of my face and its my bottom tooth....i have a dentist appointment on tuesday

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - January - 2012, at 01:34 AM

• Pain can be there because of wisdom tooth eruption or can be there because of deep caries or abscess present in relation to tooth or can be there because of some cracked tooth present. Erupting wisdom tooth and abscessed tooth can cause pain which may also be radiating. Pain can also be there because of gum infection present or can occur because of some traumatic injury in the mouth. Without clinical examination and without seeing the x-rays, it is difficult to comment on reason of tooth ache. If there are deep caries or tooth abscess present, then root canal treatment can be done to remove the infection. If impacted wisdom tooth is reason of tooth ache, then extraction of wisdom tooth is done. If there is cracked tooth present, then filling, root canal treatment or extraction is required for the cracked tooth depending on nature of crack line present. By the time, you visit your dentist; you can take otc pain med and apply orajel for some pain relief. You can also keep a clove over infected tooth or can put a cotton swab saturated with turmeric powder if there is cavity present. If there is gum infection present, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. For detailed info on tooth ache home remedies, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation