Had a filling last week. The clamps were unusually tight I thought and maybe improperly placed. Now when I floss around that tooth it bleeds quite badly.

Leave Comment

Comments

• DJ

DJ 17 - April - 2015, at 14:11 PM

• I had a root canal done on my upper back right tooth a month ago. I also had a cavity behind a tooth next to the root canal. The cavity was behind a bridge I have. The dentist said it was close to the gum line. About 7 days after the cavity was filled I noticed when flossed it hurt a lot and my gun is bleeding. Could this be irritation from the cavity being so close to my gum line.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - September - 2012, at 22:39 PM

• Hi LEE,Don't worry.It is very common for a tooth to hurt after a filling.The filling takes some time to settle down.You can take otc pain medicines as prescribed by your dentist for some pain relief.Pain and discomfort will subside,but if it doesn't,you must visit your dentist for a clinical examination as pain after a filling can also be due to presence of infection underneath the filling.By that time,maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly to avoid any food entrapment and do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day to reduce any swelling if present there.

• Lee Taylor

Lee Taylor 23 - September - 2012, at 10:52 AM

• Hi, I had a filling done a weeks back where the dentist had to rebuild the back of a tooth, lower jaw, right first molar. I had bitten into something hard and cracked the back of the tooth off. Owing to the fact I had not been to these dentist since I was a child, my teeth are not exactly great. The dentist did a good job of rebuilding and filling the tooth but it constantly aches and bleeds round the back if I brush my teeth. I am constantly aware of feeling in that area of my mouth. Planning to see the dentist again but should I or is this normal?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - July - 2012, at 22:08 PM

• Kiran ,a slight swelling or a black-and-blue area on your face or cheek can occur though rare. It does not require treatment. It is like any other simple bruise. You can put ice on the side of your face to bring down the swelling. It should go away completely in a few days.You can visit ur dentist and get it checked once other wise there is nothing to worry about. For more info visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-fillings-19.aspx

• Kiran

Kiran 14 - July - 2012, at 06:54 AM

• I had a filling 2 days ago on a tooth in the far back of the left side of my face. I always have a swollen face after but find it goes down by the time I wake up the next day. This has not been the case as there is still some swelling, I am unable to open my mouth wide or smile wide. There is also a blueish area around my cheek. I am concerned and not sure what to do! Is this going to be permanent?!

Free Dental Consultation