I just had all four of wisdom pulled two days ago. I'm not having any pain on one side of my mouth but on the other side it hurts really bad. I did some research and started reading up on something called dry socket. I've tried to call me dentist their closed and don't open til Tuesday. I don't know if I can wait that long. If I have dry socket how will I know know and what should I do?m

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - July - 2011, at 10:22 AM

• Just after two days of extraction it cannot be dry socket as pain is normal. May be on one side the extraction was difficult and bone cuttting had to be done and due to this there is pain. In dry socket pain is quite acute with swelling and it increases day by day. It is not always that dry socket develops. Ttake all precautions and take your meds regularly. In case of dry socket the clot on extraction socket is dislodged and bone is exposed. So if clinical exam is done the dentist can find out whether dry socket is there or not. You can wait for a week and if pain does not go then you can visit your dentist and get yourself examined for progress and healing. For more info on dry socket you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-a-dry-socket-155.aspx

Free Dental Consultation