I am a 21 year old adult. i just went to the dentist in june and a couple weeks later i noticed gray scratches on my teeth. for the first time, the dentist used a drill to remove plaque. the scratches are on the edges of my teeth only on the front teeth and also behind those front teeth where the drill was used. could this be from the drill? they look like pencil marks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - July - 2011, at 19:33 PM

• It looks lke that you have stain on the teeth which looks like pencil marks. These can be due to dietary habbits like taking too much of coffee, tea, coke etc or it can be because of some medication which has iron in it. This can be due to the roughness caused by use of drill on the teeth to clean the plaque. The extact diagonosis can be made only after clinical examination of scratches.You can go to dentist and discuss this. If this is due to roughness, beverages or medication then these will go away after polishing of teeth. For more infon on stains on teeth you can read this article...  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-preventing-dental-stains-without-chemicals-585.aspx

Free Dental Consultation