When i was 15 and i had to get braces on, the dentist said i have an impacted tooth that needs to be removed. So it was removed and i had the braces on. After 2 years, my teeth were becoming better but i developed an underbite. The dentist told me that it's because of the removal of the impacted tooth. The center-right side of my teeth went down a bit. She had me use a hardened mold to fix this underbite. We had an argument after 3 months and we never finished the process. The braces were removed and i didnt use the hardened mold after that. I'm 21 now. Is there anyway to fix this underbite? The left side of my teeth is aligned but the center up to the right side of my teeth is an underbite.

Leave Comment


  • joseph

    joseph 01 - February - 2013, at 01:33 AM

  • M 22 yrs old i have underbite problem what would be the exact cost of the surgery in INDIAN rs

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2011, at 02:43 AM

  • If your underbite is skeletal, then orthognathic surgery is required to correct it. Braces will be given to you before surgery and after surgery if underbite is skeletal. If there is no skeletal involvement, then braces can be given to correct the underbite. It is easier to correct underbite in children by giving palate expanders and face bows. In adults, mostly orthognathic surgery is required to correct it. Underbite if not treated can lead to temporomandibular joint problems and can lead to enamel erosion. Without clinical examination and study models, it is difficult to comment about exact treatment option. You can visit your orthodontist to get treatment done for it.  For more info on braces treatment you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-braces-work-419.aspx

Free Dental Consultation